The Centre for Slovene as a Second and Foreign Language operates under the auspices of the Department of Slovene Studies at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ljubljana. It is the central Slovenian institution that develops a complete infrastructure for attaining, examining, and certifying proficiency in Slovene as a second/foreign language. Its activities are arranged in eight specific programmes.
- The Seminar of Slovene Language, Literature and Culture is a summer event which has been held since 1965 and is aimed at an expert audience from abroad,
- The Symposium Obdobja is the main international academic gathering for Slovene Studies, aimed at domestic and foreign researchers into Slovene language, literature and culture,
- Slovene at Foreign Universities is responsible for the organisation and operation of Slovene lectureships at more than 60 universities worldwide,
- Slovene for Adults is primarily organised in Slovenia,
- The Examination Centre performs external examinations and oversees the entire system of knowledge certification of Slovene as a second/foreign language,
- Slovene for Children and Teenagers is a programme intended for children, young people, and their teachers,
- Publishing oversees the printing of textbooks, manuals, and other printed materials that fall within the scope of the Centre's activities,
- and Education offers appropriate professional and educational support to teachers and examiners of the knowledge of Slovene as a second/foreign language.
Additionally, the Centre also participates in numerous domestic and international projects, while providing a framework for international research in Slovene as a second/foreign language.
Please see the official page of the Centre for more information.
Find publications here >